Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 20 April 2012

Friday Already?!

Where does the time go! One minute its Monday then POW its Friday and the weekend. Though right now for me everyday feels like a weekend day!
Waking up and being able to spend most of the day sewing! So today I got up and milled into town for an interview-Nothing major no job yet- Then went to post off the swap fabric parcels plus the one from the quilting mama mug rug swap. (No pictures till she gets it sorry)...
Came back in and started cutting a few fabrics to make some blocks for the

Quilts for Siblings Together
A group on Flickr required log cabin blocks check here for more info. I've sent off some granny blocks for another group here
Here are the log cabin blocks...forgot to take a snap of the granny blocks. I've trimmed these and now waiting for the address to send them off to...

I should have put this first! I got my Mug rug in the mail from Irene at http://parkpearson.blogspot.co.uk/
I love it the colours are so bright and cheery! She even made a cute postcard!....Father tried to steal the mug rug after trying to burn down...make some lunch...



After lunch and airing out the house I got on with more sewing finishing up the extra Dp16 patches, They are now trimmed and added to the others ready and waiting to be sashed and sewn


The tipped out scraps  
My jar of strip scraps 
My box of thicker strip scraps 

Three more scrappy blocks, still untrimmed and ironed 

My scraps are down to odd triangular pieces, so I cut some smaller newspaper squares and will make some 3" scrappy blocks also for the project those blocks are for.

Just a quick note to say. I paper piece a lot of the blocks I make. No random placing, but nicely sized newspaper blocks and then piecing! Even those log cabin blocks were pieced

Shopping tomorrow!! Siya then =D

Oh and tomorrow the Winner for the GIVEAWAY will be announced..you have until I get back tomorrow to enter, so head over now take a guess and good luck =D

4 comments:

  1. You are really putting good use to that gingham you got on your outing with Dad....your mugrug swap gift is gorgeous...love the little sewing machine.....I'll bet you are really enjoying your new sewing table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh where was the interview? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great. I didn't realize you paper piece everything - wow. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the mug rug. I just love making them. Made a few as Christmas presents for my quilty friends.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D