Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Hand sewn items!

Poor Jano hasn't been used for almost 2 weeks now! Or maybe it's been longer...Remind me to give him a big hug!
I did a minimal amount of sewing today. Finishing off that row on the last charm quilt, one down one to go.


Then I pulled out my hexies and broke down the rows into pairs using my trusty seam ripper. (I should really get a photo of it..) I'll be turning them into flowers as well as fishing out my other templates to make some more.  I had to re-press them as they were peeling from the paper! (my fault for storing them so roughly!)

Next week however I start on a voluntary work placement course...the good thing is its a stones throw from where I live, the bad thing is its 10-5 which means most of my sewing day will be gone! I'll be there for the next 4 weeks. I'll try to fit some sewing in before dinner as I have some fun new projects lined up.

My first fabric order has been shipped I'm just waiting for the postman to ring the doorbell when it arrives! I got 50+ F8s from Surly Sheep she's also on Flickr, you can choose from fabrics to make your own custom bundle. I choose some colour wheel prints as well as some neutrals.
I'm thinking of ordering some random F8 bundles from Pink Castle Fabrics to boost my stash without going overboard...FQs are a thing of the past LOL!
Which reminds me I need to chop down the scraps I have..I can use them for more hexies!!

Siya'll tomorrow