Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Anyone for a Quilt sandwich?...

I'm going to end up really hating labels! Lol. So this funny thing happened. On our eBay systems a lot of products were mysteriously marked as not dispatched (all the way from June!)...there were over 1000 of them! So the manager went through them and marked them as dispatched...now to my knowledge when this happens you get sent an email to say your item has been dispatched. I mentioned this, but she said hopefully that wouldn't matter.....So nearing the end of the day we had some phone calls from customers about the dispatches! We were trying hard not to laugh....just think if over 1000 were 'dispatched' and a few people have called already......you can just imagine what tomorrow will be like.....

Back at the sewing desk armed with snacks. I made up some quilt sandwiches to continue practicing the FMQ....only first I had to re-spin some bobbins...


 Practicing some loops and meandering....I should have used another colour other than the white! I made up two sandwiches, a big one and a smaller one. As you can see I need a lot of practice....I think when I tried before with the normal foot it was much neater!



I'm still far off from doing any major quilting, I may use these samples as some coasters...
I'll have to watch a few more tutorials to get better

Jano is still sounding off. I'll have to find out what days the machine shop is open as well as opening hours....

Siya'll tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. OH NO :) I took the FMQ class and it was the hardest thing I ever tried to do. I brought it home and showed it to my husband and it said it looked good. Then I showed him the other side that had the marks on it and he said I didn't stay on the lines. OH REALLY YOU THINK Good Luck yours looks good already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. FMQ is really hard. It takes a lot of practice to get smooth curves and the rhythm of moving the quilt at just the right speed. Keep going. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FMQ is soo hard ! But the more you practice, the easier it gets :)
    I can do loops and meandering but I'm still very afraid of feathers or any other pattern.
    But the key is to practice, practice and practice and especially : don't give up :) It already looks pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D