Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Halfway there!

I'm in the home stretch on finishing up 4 charm quilt tops! I didn't get the chance to finish off the 4th one I showed you yesterday! Here are the so far pictures....

I decided to go with Chevrons this time round! The points actually match up!! The pins came in very handy!!

I also finished my 1st Hexie project!!!

Removing the papers! All 72 of them..

Papers all gone and saved for another project....

The front of the cushion cover

The back! This was a pillow case...a very large one at that =D
So glad to get that finished! I've also got all the rows done for my MAM panel....just need to sew them together now! Counted out squares and templates for the next panel too!

Groups of 7 =D

 I even got my block done early for the Quilt Story BOM-check my sidebar for the link =D
This months theme was HST's
I got the pillow top sewn up for Mother. She chose 9 charms from the Welcome to Bear country collection. I completely forgot to take a picture of it with the sashing I added!


So that's what I got done today...tomorrow I'll finish the quilt and find some backing for the pillow top......

Oh and another note....the bulb in my sewing machine blew!! I thought the machine itself was broken as I didn't know whether it was on or not without the light...Now I need to go shopping for some bulbs....Grrrrr



5 comments:

  1. Wow Cherie......you have been busy! I love your chevrons and the Hexie project really turned out nice. Your Mom is lucky to have you to sew for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a lot accomplished. Found you via Lily's Quilt: Small Bloggers Meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep a spare! Great stitching !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been busy and gotten a lot done. I love charm quilts, and I like the chevron pattern you are doing. Very pretty. I'm glad that pinning has helped you get more precise points. It's a pain sometimes, but well worth it in the end. Also, are you starching your fabric before you cut it? I have found that starch or sizing really helps things to turn out precise and flat.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D