Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 12 April 2012

It's Carnival time!!

OK maybe not quite yet..It's actually not until July....Mother came into my room and told me about it. She said I should make some things and sell them at a stall with Father dearest...He'll be making some cakes and such for his side of our potential stall
We just have to find out all the details...how much the stall costs, dates etc, but hey it's not a bad idea.
Just thinking what will I make.....Any idea's ladies and gents...my quilts are for the future business....though I could make some alternate ones.... I'd mainly be making a few things to see what sells the best. Idea's for prices. Help and suggestions would be fantastic! I'm over in the UK just to let you know....

So this morning I set out early to go to the Hairdressers.....8.30am early....I got there just after 9...another girl turned up there too-My hairdresser styles from her house- she went before me as she was supposed to be there at 8!! So I waited patiently for 2 hours! During that time another lady showed up. Luckily she wasn't getting anything fancy done so our hair could be alternated, washing, conditioning....she left and I was still there...I was there until just after 4!!! Yes you are reading correctly!
All I can say is Cane/corn rows hurt!!!!
The top

Right side..the clip is loose to ease the pain!

The left side

From the front...yes that's me!


When I got home there was a parcel waiting for me!! It was full, well not full... in fact the envelope was rather big compared to what was in it....however it will come in handy real soon! Back to the contents....these pictures will show you better =D BUTTONS!!!!



I know all you button lovers out there may be sitting with your jaws dropped right now! I got these from craft superstore..some may be sold out sorry ladies! =D

I also got this ribbon from the site too £1.00 for a 3m roll

These were the more quirky buttons in each bag Mother even came to have a nose...was fun picking them out

 My button box got a little full....

But my younger giant brought me a new container.

I finished the 2nd row and started on the 3rd..had I not have been called for dinner I would have finished that off!..no sewing after dinner..just blogging and reading

Well ladies and gents that was my day..=D

7 comments:

  1. Hope you took some sewing to the hairdressers! Pretty hair but sounds painful!

    Love the button and hexes though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your hair looks great! I used to be a hairdresser but I never did the braidwork....I know it is tedious though! What a great bunch of buttons there...I really love the yellow ones......good luck on the fair....I think probably your snap bags will sell great...no idea what prices in the UK might be.......you could show some of your quilts and take orders too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine spending the WHOLE DAY at the hairdressers. Your hair looks great, but I don't know how you can set aside that much time every time you need to get your hair done. Enough about hair. For the upcoming carnival booth, I think you should make some zippered pouches and/or totes/handbags. There are such cute patterns available. I have seen such darling pouches and tutorials to make them on the internet. I wouldn't have any idea about prices. Our money systems are very different. You need to look at similar products in your country to set your prices. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck selling things at the carnival! wish I could be a help, but I don't have any experience selling. Your hair looks pretty, I hope it's not painful now that it is done!
    I love the blueberry pie & lemon sorbet buttons - they look so fun! Sounds like you had a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, your hair looks amazing! No wonder it took so long. And love all those buttons

    ReplyDelete
  6. My poor best firend the tourture you must have gone through looks great though lol xx P.S. love the buttons !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a square pink button there that looks pretty cool. See - aren't you glad you now have a fully stocked button-tin? You need a tin. Get one from a boot sale or eat lots of chocolates - buttons make the most amazing noise when they are all in a tin!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D