Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Scraps.Scraps and even more scraps!

First of all the mail! And yesterday's charity shop buys.

Two rolls of 10mtr Wadding from eBay found here


The charm pack I got in a yard sale from Susan at Colorado Lady, as well as some cute notecards



Pillow cases, sheets and perle cotton  from the charity shop.


Today was rather busy. I decided to get on with making the items for my swaps.



First of all I made a few blocks up using various scraps and colours oh and newspaper!



There are two of these

Then I put some plain fabric over the tops of the larger blocks and drew some circles, one for my Dresden and The other for smaller circles.



I stitched around those circles! -Which took a while to get used to turning the fabric!- and cut them out leaving a 1/4" edge






I cut a cross in the plain fabric, peeled off all the paper and then turned them the right way out






Then placed them randomly on the item intended. I just hope my partner likes it!


So that's all for today and yesterday!
If you haven't guessed already head on over to my Giveaway its open till the 21st so don't miss your chance! =D

7 comments:

  1. So glad the charm pack made it ok!! Enjoy!!! Cute, cute flower in the last picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the newspaper trick! the gingham dresden reminds me of a sunflower - so summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those postcards are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dresden flower is pretty! The circles look nice in your gingham......Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got a few bargains there then. I love the birdy charm square. I like what you are doing with the circles and plate design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a lot of post. Lucky you

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D