It was easier to make a page so they're all neatly in one place than post and they get lost with new entries.
Today was a slow day actually. I managed to get some cutting and sewing done. I was laying out my disappearing 16 patches all ready to make another 2 quilt tops. Looking at the size I thought hmmmm these should be longer, so they can be used for lap quilts instead of baby quilts. So temporarily I added 6 more blocks to them. I liked the length and the width was perfect! (sorry no pictures).
I didn't have any more of the original squares I used left so I decided to use my gingham and solid fabrics to make 6 more large blocks, which when cut and re-sewn would give me the 12 extra I needed.
Here's how they turned out and all cut and ready to sew up again!
The colours 7 3" squares of each
The blocks. I tried to mix the going to be center blocks as evenly as possible so when cut they wouldn't match too much
|The 2nd block was sewn with an error....since it's being cut I wasn't to bothered to change it|
At the cutting mat.The sneaky cutter getting in....he was absent for the last picture. No I haven't trimmed the edges..which is very important to do!
Looking in the kitchen I found a tin for all my buttons and notions =D
Well that's it from me today...maybe tomorrow will be a tad more productive.....I'll be making plans for the Carnival too =D