Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 8 May 2012

At the chopping block-OK Ironing board!

Yup that's where I spent pretty much the whole day (when I wasn't eating lunch and watching TV that is)
I was ironing fabric all ready for cutting. I could have ironed it after cutting, but some pieces were very wrinkled even though I folded them nicely!
I saw these on the Stubbornly Crafty Blog and well they were too cute not to make. So I raided my stash for every child friendly print and got cutting and cutting and more cutting...oh and there is more to come later...once I've finished drawing, then cutting the eyes from the fusible web....

I stored the body and wing pieces separately in the lovely and handy box Father picked up for me at the boot fair....there were some other goodies, which I still haven't taken a picture of! I'll get round to it tomorrow.

The deeper draw is filled with the trimmings from around each body/wing part. It's a great place for me to store all the nicer scraps!

This is the second set of flat drawers.nothing is in them yet. They currently all rest somewhere by my bed...which happens to be next to my sewing space!

I wanted to get these out of the way as I figured they would take quite some time to cut. I don't quite know How many I cut exactly...I'd say more than a dozen.....Though right now I only plan to make a few (I say that, but it's easy to get carried away). I'll actually do some sewing tomorrow as I still have yet to make binding for the Granny Quilts.  Polka dots! All shall be revealed tomorrow.

Oh and if you haven't all ready....head over to Lucy's for

Charm About You
I'm number 8 on the list, click here for my link =D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheraldine

    Popped over from Lucy's Fugly Party (I am #16) just below...)

    Not sure if you still have your Riley Blake's and American Jane lying around but if you do then I would be happy to find something to swap? I have lots of vintage zips (some in packets and some not but all unused) and could look for ones in the sizes you were after? Was it 8" or 5" or both..

    Anyhoo, sorry for posting here, couldnt post on the fugly post and don't use gmail.

    Let me know if youre keen and we can swap away--

    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D