Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Dentist,The HSTs, The Party, More HSTs and Me

Yup that's a general breakdown of my day.
First off there are spots and new sign ups for these swap groups
RATZ ModernistaALFALCMy Goodie Bag,  And this swap is possibly going to have a new one in June MSM
 

A fun trip to the dentist who said I needed to be referred to the hospital to have my back molars checked out and they'll see me in 6 months! Does anyone else come out after a check up, having their teeth cleaned only they feel quite gross and you have that horrible rinse water taste in your mouth?

After my Dentist trip I caught the bus into the small town. I waltzed through the shops and bought some books...and sewing stuff...pictures will be tomorrow!

Getting back home I continued trimming those HSTs courtesy of Father... Upon the recount there were 152 not 144..

This was the done pile from yesterday

The to do piles
 I cut six on the board at a time

Then at 20 past 3 the Older Giant and I went to a Jubilee party at the Younger Giants school/6th Form College...I was deeply offended when A. A student thought we were his parents!...B.The receptionist said we could be his Aunt and Uncle....Errr try Brother and Sister people! People always claim I look 16....try adding 6 years to that!
She was lucky she was behind the counter. .......The 'Party' consisted of the four...members of cooking club and their family members....A small, yet fun gathering (good as I don't like large groups much) We had a laugh, some teachers came down to grab some food and join in the fun. We were surprisingly there for over 2 hours!

Arriving back home was on to more cutting. The 152 HSTs done!....with the trimmings....

The D16 quilts ready for quilting...once I figure out a pattern...

I sorted the HSTs by colour range then took one from each pile in a round until I had 36. I got four piles from this for the cushion tops....the backing will be a whole other fabric story....


With the 8 remaining I sorted them into this...with some borders it could become a very mini..mini......

The Me part was relaxing after all that cutting..I was going to read a book, but oddly enough it was dinner time, by the time I was done sorting and such...

I won't sew these tomorrow. I need a break from them. I'll do my BOM block though so it's done before the month ends..=D

5 comments:

  1. Oh My! Just think, after you lose those molars you won't have any wisdom left....LOL (Wisdom teeth???get it, get it??) Hey I really Love the next to the last photo of the red HST with the black leaves on the cream background....very dramatic combination.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband always has the metallic taste of blood in his mouth after a teeth cleaning.

    Your projects are always so pretty, I wish I could work on some, but I think It'll be awhile before I'm sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, well done with all those HST, that requires some patience!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the dentist was only a bad taste and not a big bill! Happy 60th year holiday. I hear that Tuesday is an extra holiday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are certain habits and other methods you can introduce to your kid to help him or her be comfortable with the initial dental checkup. Useful ideas in Barrie Dentist are very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D