Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy International Mother's day!

Our Mother's day was in March! So I'm wishing A Happy Mother's day to all The international mother's out there!

Today was another finish day for me! I seem to be on a roll this month! I got the bag and my cushion cover finished!
The bag with the original and the cushion! ( oh and my green beach chair!)

The backing for the cushion isn't quite large enough, but it's behind my back, so only you and I will know Shhhhhhh!!
The bag was actually fun to make. I roughly traced around the actual bag then neatened up the edges. I had to guess with the flap as it was a shell sort of shape.
 The longest part was the flap as I had to hand-sew the overlapping piece. down. You know the score with Jano, though he worked when sewing it to the actual bag! I used some stiff fabric my father brought me today in replacement of wadding/interfacing. It worked really well, better than the two in my opinion.
I lined it with a cream bed sheet. I admit, I forgot all about the handles until I'd almost sewn up the bag! So I quickly had to make some and attach them, but next time I'll position them better and make them slightly longer. The bag sits just on my rib cage. I happen to have a longer torso than most so next time I'll have it so it rests on my hip at least. Then it should be just perfect for someone shorter.
I love the fabric though! The colour of it and the feel of it is so soft!
It's a spacious small bag actually. I'll make some more eventually to sell. I might possibly make some scrappy patchwork ones too.
So that's an idea for you. Instead of buying a new bag make a copy of one you love!

Just enjoyed a slab of cake! Yum =D

3 comments:

  1. Love the bags.......so cute! And I couldn't help but chuckle at your "owl wing cushion cover".....it is adorable and it looks just like a flower, of course, but because you told us they were left over owl wings from you having cut too many I just can't get the picture out of my head....LOL (I know, I know....I need help...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea with the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh you did that bag quick! Its looking fab hun!

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D