Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 5 May 2012

Shopping, sewing and surprises!

We will start with the surprise....I got a package dropped on me this morning, buy The Older Giant. However I didn't open it until I got back in from shopping with Father. So more on the surprise later.

The shopping. After food shopping we took a trip to a General store selling practically everything you could think of (minus fridge or frozen stuff) at budget prices under one roof. I picked up two duvet sets that caught my eye to use as backing for my WIP quilt tops and a piece for the MSM Swap item I'm making.
The look better in real life I assure you. I've cut the fabric and pinned it to my two Granny quilt tops (no picture of the pinning but here are the tops) There is sashing around the edges, this is an old picture


We were then summoned to the garden by father to clean it up a bit. Father had cut down a load of branches, from the tress and pulled out some the weeds our job (The Giants and I) was to sweep, bin and burn the twigs etc...we all stunk of burning..took a while for the smell to ware away, but luckily it did!-I much rather prefer the planting and BBQ's held in the garden as opposed to cleaning it up!

Then I got on with sewing the item for my RATZ Swap partner. It's rather scrappy, but that's the look I was aiming for. I just hope she likes  loves it.

Now back to the surprise...I swapped some fabric with my good blogging friend Cameron waiting for it to arrive in the post and Today it arrived . She added some goodies in too, some cute note-cards and gift tags

Also in the mail but not today, I joined in with many others and got this!
 I have to apparently modify it before I can use it. Fun times!
Well that's all from me today! Tomorrow I may have more things finished....Oh more importantly my Mother gets back from holiday tomorrow!! =D


8 comments:

  1. Your granny squares look great. Have fun with FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh pretty RATZ swap project! And... I'd love to see what / how you're planning on FMQing! I'm doing a lot of free motion work right now myself - I'll be blogging about it throughout the next month (starting mid may) so check it out! I'll check back here to see what you work on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely goodies here. love your blocks, great color choises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely grannies, the colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Granny blocks. That is one bandwagon I have not jumped on. I think I am missing out. I will add it to my list of projects to get to in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pattern on the quilt. Your keyfob (is it?) is so cute. Lucky you getting an embroidery foot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I like the duvet covers.......they will make perfect backing for the granny square tops. You will love using your FMQ foot......just don't forget to drop (or cover) your feed dogs.......makes all the difference in the world! (haha.....I found out!)BTW....I thought I had commented on your pin cushions a couple of days ago but didn't see the comment so guess it didn't "take"........anyway, love the pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you liked your package! I think we should swap on a monthly basis - I love it! Can't wait to see those quilts all done!

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D