Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 3 May 2012

Welcome to Summersville-Population 17!!

Oh yes that's right! I was reading and commenting through my blog list and got to Lucie's (only the designer of Summersville fabric) she said she was adding some prints to her UK Etsy store! So of course I sped over there and asked for a custom listing, for 17 of her prints!-She even wrote a note to go with them =D
As well as that arriving today I got my Embroidery thread, so now I can finish off that last charm quilt and finish/start some swap items. Plus some swap fabric from Marika. It was a great mail day


As well as cutting into all that fabric to add to my charm stash. I cut some background fabric, ready to make some giant grannies seen here on Katy's Blog. I'm out tomorrow so will be searching for some (much needed) backing fabrics!-I would use fabrics from my stash, but I'd rather have some larger fabric for backing as opposed to FQ's
Also today I got some sewing done, of the machine and hand kind 8 little scrappy pincushions 4" squares. I had the squares ready cut it was just a matter of sewing them together. (since march I've had them cut!)

I love them, so cute. The fabrics match in a strange way...well to me they do. More items for the stock pile. They are such fun to make. I'd like to make up some others so if anyone has any tutorials, I'd love to see them. Thanks in advance.
I'm also looking for some linen, so if anyone knows of any good (and reasonably priced) sites please post here. =D

6 comments:

  1. Those pincushions are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pin cushions are adorable....well done! Good luck on your search for backing!...I agree that your FQ stash is too valuable to use on backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for good mail days! So why did you make 8 pincushions? For a swap or a guild thing? Or just because. Which is something I would do, by the way.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the summersville prints, good catch! There was an article on veryberryhandmade the other week on buying linen which might be helpful. S

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all those pincushions. there is a tutorial over at 'my go go life' on cathedral window pincushions, they are so easy to make and look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh love love love that Summersville! Can you bear to cut into it or will you just stare at it and pat it nicely?!

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D