Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 18 May 2012

Wooooo two more FINISHES!!!

I'm so happy to get things finished. Cross them off my list and pull out a few more projects to begin.
I'd like to say hand binding is actually fairly relaxing....Jano did the top....with a few moody moments and I did the back =D

Both quilts measure 21x32"...well about that give or take an inch. The fabrics used are random ones I got in a bundle. I couldn't tell you the designers...you can see them on my bought fabrics page.The backing is a two-sided bed-sheet
Picture time!!

Quilt 1. Outside was drizzling so I stayed in the conservatory and pinned it up with clothes pegs to the blinds.


Quilt 2. This was the one Jano hated...you'll see some close ups soon.


The detail mosaic.
1. My hand sewn back binding
2.The detail hand sewing of the 2 middle blocks quilt 1
3. Perfect corners! (yes I had to read like 3 different tutorials!)
4. The detail hand quilting on the two middle blocks quilt 2
5. The corner thanks to Jano, I had already sewn the other side to unpick it would have been a nightmare!
6. Quilt 1 binding. Folded
7. Quilt 2 binding. Rolled

Yes I imagine if the quilt was bigger the rolled effect would look so much better! I have some bigger quilts in the making!
So now this is my current list of WIPs
D16 quilt..one more to sew into a top. I like working in pairs.
The last charm quilt to quilt and bind-binding is made!
My MAM hexie project....unloved and neglected....oh dear
Disappearing granny blocks which will eventually become mug rugs.

I also have my BOM block to do......yeah....

Today I'm linking up with

Show off Friday-Pieceful life
Link a Finish Friday-Richard Quilts
and With Katie- There and back
 There and Back

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up some swap things ready to go in the post on Monday =D

9 comments:

  1. great finishes!!! I love the circle backing fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got a lot done! I think your quilts are very lovely and you make pretty hexigons. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the handstitching with the granny squares, such a great combo! And it looks like you've got a great start to some fun hexagons! I bet it feels great to get some finishes...if only I could be that disciplined, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo....love you quilts....and the roll up is very awesome : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting a lot of projects done. Your dedication of time and money to this hobby is going to pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, bet your really pleased with them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you're done! I love that striped backing you used, it's got all my favourite colours in it!!
    Thanks for linking up with The Handmade Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the granny squares. The hand stitching really makes them stand out. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D