Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 19 July 2012

One of those days....

You know the day when you really don't feel like doing anything, but you muddle on anyway in hopes the day will improve?

Yeah I had that day. These quiet days aren't suited to me. I like to be busy or doing something that is interesting and absorbs some time. When I was home I could spend hours with Jano sewing like crazy, taking the odd break when my Brother reminded me to.
Now I'm leaving the house and getting hardly any sewing done. I sew when I get back in, but it's not the same, I liked the fact it was so engrossing and seeing how many things I could get done. I really want to sew now, but the motivation of time isn't there. When I get in I'm usually quite tired....or really hungry!

I made more progress on the Hoop wall hanging today however



I've added another row of rainbow stitches halfway round in smaller sections. You cant not love that Perle cotton! I might put in another row of stitches in the top curve of the 'C' to make it stand out a bit better. Then it will be done and I can make the pincushion. The needle book still needs the pages sewn in not sure how I'll do that yet, but it'll be done soon.

I also came up with a plan for when my placement finishes of how to organise my sewing time better so I can get more things made up for my future Etsy shop.

-Quilts one finished a month- I'm not huge on making them and I think this will be manageable for me
-Mini quilts 18" or 16"- 2 per month. A better size and I can still get some good patterns in even with the size being smaller
-Spend at least 1 or 2 days per month making up binding- Using my solid colours in a scrappy style.
-Make at least four pillow/cushion covers per week.
-4 zippy/snap pouches per week- Either small or large
-Use the weekend to cut fabrics/wadding/etc for projects being made that week

When I think of more things to add I'll put them on the list. This is just a start to know what kind of things I want to be selling in my shop and will give me better direction to keep my time occupied.

A funny thing to end my evening. I heard the TV up still really loud and suspected Father had fallen asleep watching it. So I went down to investigate. Sure enough he was out like a light. I had to shake him a few times to wake him up and question why the TV was up so loud. So what does he reach for first.....his phone! After venturing back upstairs I heard the volume go down and him getting up from the sofa to go to bed! This was just after 11 he usually comes up the stairs around 9-10. Crazy old man!

Until then...

Siya'll tomorrow =D

P.S Tomorrow is the Older Giants Birthday! He turns 24! Funny how the years fly!

5 comments:

  1. Your embroidery looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand stitching is beautiful! Tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hoop is looking awesome! is it how you imagined it?? lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hoop has turned out beautifully. I love the colours and the embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow how neat, I'm in love with this!! I use to do hand embroidery years ago maybe I should start again. You inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D